Friday, January 6, 2012

Island Adventures continued

Nursing monkey!
Me at the cliffs of Ulu Watu- Bali

The towers at night!


This text was supposed to go with the previous post but here it is - more pics to come in several following posts

I went on a whirlwind trip to Malaysia and Indonesia. It was fun, some times tiring, other times exciting and occasionally relaxing. Having Christmas away was hard but I did get to skype with family! I think I need to find a balance between overplanning and doing no planning at all. This trip was very last minute and I did very little planning, which is probably why some parts of it didn’t live up to my expectations. But I did see some very cool things.

Trip highlights- Seeing the Patronas Towers in day and night, from up high and below. Going to the Kuala Lumpur bird park, seeing feisty monkeys at Ulu Watu temple, seeing beautiful beaches and scenery, scuba diving and seeing sea turtles!! Meeting nice travelers, seeing a balinese cremation ceremony, hanging out with an Indonesian medicine woman, doing some shopping, seeing Indonesian traditional dances, eating lots of yummy food, sleeping in my own bed when I got home to Phnom Penh!

No comments: