Friday, January 6, 2012

On the move again

Where to start… So I haven’t blogged in far too long. I start with the most recent, and then maybe fill in some of the past as I go along. Tonight I am taking the night bus to Siem Reap. Fingers crossed for a pleasurable bus experience! I am going to spend 3 days seeing the temples, I can’t believe that I have been living in Cambodia for 4 months now and still haven’t seen them! Then I will do 3 days of fieldwork talking with farmers about their selling techniques of seeds and fertilizer, and talking with clients about their thoughts about the farmers that sell them farm inputs. Fingers crossed again that if and when things go wrong that I am able to adapt and figure out how to roll with it and still get some good field data. When I was in the field a month ago with 4 other people, when things went wrong – meaning there were scheduling miscommunications- they were able to figure it out and I just followed along. But this time its only me and my coworker/translator Pisith. After that I am back to Phnom Penh before I am off to Kep for the weekend to celebrate a friends birthday!

No comments: